HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints
HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints are the lightest HANS Sport Series device to date.
HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints present a contemporary approach to building a lightweight, strong, and safe HANS Device. Now in the third generation, HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints have a new design and polymer with a hollow collar which reduces the weight significantly. Its engineered reinforcements guarantee a very strong structure with a reduced mass. HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints provide the same level of safety as every HANS Device with the lightest, most comfortable injection-molded HANS made to date.
HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraint Features:
- FIA Certified
- Includes SAH post anchors (for SA2015 helmets)
- Less than 4 ounces (100 grams) heavier than the Pro Device!
- Improved fit, reduced weight compared to past models
- Authentic HANS Device - the standard in top performance in lab crash testing and real-life race crash results
- Part of the HANS Device series, the standard across the board in Head and Neck Restraint technology. Drivers trust these devices above all others in nearly every race series.
- HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints are developed with ease of driver entry/exit in mind. Its rounded back is lower than the original HANS Device design, reducing the risk of getting caught on a roll cage or in window openings when moving in and out of a racecar.
- The HANS Sport 3 is only available in a 20-degree Layback configuration, suitable for the majority of racing applications including most Stock Cars, Modifieds, Drag, Legends, Bandalero and most road race cars including Porsche, BMW, Corvette, Honda, Viper, Spec Miata and other similar race cars. However, the HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints are not compatible with cars that have extreme layback seats such as formula type cars, IndyCars, etc.
- HANS Device Sport 3 Head Restraints are on par on performance with the Professional Series HANS Devices but with a lower price.
- Sliding tethers are standard.
- Injection molded super-structural carbon composite construction.
- The lower rounded collar saves weight and allows for easier entry/exit in many smaller, tighter vehicles.