AiM MyChron Expansion
The AiM MyChron Expansion is an add-on for the MyChron4 or MyChron5 Kart Racing Data Logging Dash. It plugs into the CAN expansion port on your MyChron dash to expand its capabilities. The Expansion has a single CAN expansion port plus four additional sensor inputs. All four inputs can accept common karting sensors (brake/throttle pedal position, temperature, steering angle, etc.). One of the four inputs can accept a speed sensor instead. Requires an external 12-volt power source such as your kart's battery.
The MyChron Expansion channel multiplier improves MyChron5 and MyChron5 2T (and also MyChron4 and MyChron4 2T) performance, thanks to four additional channels and a further CAN bus connector. Through this last connector, the systems can be connected to LCU-One Lambda controller and SmartyCam HD (and to GPS and Data key for MyChron4 systems).
Thanks to its specific wirings, MyChron Expansion powers the systems and their peripherals with an external battery, avoiding internal battery consumption.
All channels are easily configurable as analog through the system menu to sample data coming from:
- Exhaust gas valve position sensor (very important to understand at which RPM value the exhaust port opens)
- Wheel speed sensor: the first input on the left can be configured also as digital input
- No contact brake pedal position sensor
- No contact throttle pedal position sensor
- Brake pressure sensor
- Water temperature or cylinder head temperature (PT100 thermo-resistor only)
- Steering angle potentiometer (to highlight over/under steering situations)
- Brake pedal potentiometer
- Throttle pedal potentiometer
MyChron Expansion is a complete, value-for-money instrument for professional kart analysis. Call us with any questions you have about the MyChron Expansion from AiM Sports!